Saturday, July 31, 2010

Neighbors

I live in an apartment complex. The only people I knew enough to say hi to were the kids upstairs. They're maybe a little younger than I am, with a big ol' German Shepherd named Teddy and a baby (maybe a year or so old). We never exchanged names, but they recognize us, smile and say hi, and we ask about each others' dogs.

They moved. I now know none of my neighbors at all. Honestly, I don't really want to. Some of them are quiet and fairly nice, but they don't seem to speak English. The rest of them are all pretty obnoxious. The adults yell and carry on, they drink and play loud music, and if they're feeling really froggy, they'll pass out on the grass somewhere. The children run around and scream, they throw things everywhere. They'll go upstairs and throw food, drink, and balloons full of crap over. It's disgusting. They'll charge at Joey (Bag o' Donuts, my dog) and sometimes throw balls at him. We see them climbing over cars and climbing into what we hope are their families' cars. I've found smudgy foot- and hand-prints on my windshield, but I've never caught them in the act. The other day, Ben (fiance) found that some mysterious agency had drawn stripes on his bumper in crayon (probably). He went to the complex manager about it, and he says she's livid. She knew exactly which families he was talking about. Maintenance actually had to shampoo the carpets in the foyer (yes, they carpeted the foyers of the buildings. Open to the elements, kind of an idiot decision, but whatever) to get rid of the crap thrown down.

Let's hope that'll stop.

Let's also hope that someone awesome moves in upstairs. Maybe even someone whose name I can learn! I miss knowing my neighbors (although I still know some of Mom's neighbors ^_^).

No comments: