Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Game Night

At least once a week--generally on a Friday--friends gather at our apartment for Game Night. It's the same as Game Nights the world over. We drink, laugh, play video games, and pull out World of Darkness and Dungeons & Dragons. I'm just learning the D&D system, still working out the kinks. The more familiar I am with it, the more I like it, but I still long for a good Demon. I think that as far as D&D goes, I'm better off with a "doing" class, rather than a "casting" class. I don't think those are real labels, they just make sense in my head. The system's so widespread, with so many books, that I have no idea what spells I even have access to, let alone what might be effective against Mob A. It's probably mostly a practice thing, I did much better this time than last.

I don't know.

Several other things happen every Game Night. Bryan takes his shirt off (it gets warm in a small apartment with a bunch of people). Bryan sprawls on the floor and talks to the cat. Dan ignores us for Mario. I come close to falling asleep at one point or another. Ben goes to bed early.

I don't know. I'm loving the ritual of it all. If only I had enough time at home before everyone shows up to bake something. I need a better work schedule. Hell, I baked more when Ben was going off to Game Night and I was at work all evening, I think. Hmmm. Something to think about, puzzle over.




On an unrelated note, I'm done with the heel and gusset on the first of a pair of socks. Fishnet Anklets, and I'm very excited. I muffed the pattern up a bit right above the heel, but I don't think it's too noticeable.

No comments: