Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sandwiches are Beautiful

Ben's been in Charlotte for the "AAA Superbowl of Knowledge" convention. Last night was an open bar, but I'm reasonably sure he survived (he was alive as of 10:50pm, anyway). I've been alone all weekend.

When I don't have a responsible adult to provide an example of what grown-ups and real people do, I devolve into a creature of the night. Friday night, I was up until after 4. Last night? It was 5am. I only really went to bed then because I can't quite bring myself to be up 'till sunrise. Not just yet, anyway. Maybe some day I won't be working, or I'll be working a fun job, or a from-home job, and I can do what I want, as far as my sleep schedule goes.

I've gotten a lot of knitting done this week. I finished 2 hats (to give as gifts), then I made a washcloth. I don't know why I made a washcloth, but I did. It's spring green cotton, and it has a heart on it. Would anyone like a washcloth? I also made the first of a pair of wine-red wristwarmers. I'm working on the second one right now. I dunno, I've just been sitting, staring at the television and knitting.

We use the Netflix free streaming to the Wii and the Xbox. Actually, I use the Wii, and Ben uses the Xbox. I've never used the Xbox, and I don't really want to. The Wii works basically like any other remote. It's simple, for my simple mind. Yes, I have a more complex mind to use, but if I'm already rotting my brains, I don't want to contaminate the complex part.

Purple monkey dishwasher.

That's not a non-sequitur, I found a pair of wristwarmers to knit flat (not the ones I'm working on now), with that name. It's from "The Simpsons" a while back, Homer yells it out randomly. I don't remember the context.

I think the key to getting myself to blog and get things out of my head is to make myself relax. I don't ever pull up the "new post" window because I think that whatever I'm going to write isn't something the world at large, or even my family, will care about. You know what, though? I don't care today. Stream of consciousness.

I think the main thing that has helped me with that line of thought is reading Hyperbole and a Half. I read through everything she's written, and it's all very interesting and entertaining. It keeps my attention. Maybe someone out there will like me, too.

I'm going to go shower and dress myself. I've been wearing the same pajamas for 2 days now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor Beezasaurus. :( I didn't realize you were off this weekend!