Monday, November 22, 2010

It's his fault you choked on a hamburger

I'm watching Christine with a couple of friends. It's hilarious. I'm fairly sure that's not the most common response.

I was reading the family blog (Illegitimus Non Carborundum), and Em's talking me up. I'm a "budding German/Spanish high school teacher" in that I'd like to do that...but that's about it. I don't know if you know this, but if you don't use a language for years, you start to lose your vocabulary. I still remember the basics, a smattering of weird words, and also some basic grammar, but I have to think really hard to come up with a cohesive sentence.

Pi randomly has colored patches on him. Not the usual black splotches, these are red, brown, etc. I think he lies in his food, or something.

I'm reinterpreting a pattern for girl-sized wristwarmers. It's mental exercise. I finished one, and I'm just giddy at how I did it.

I'm watching the kids wreck up the car here, on this movie, and I'm just waiting for them to get eaten.

It's John Carpenter.

The world is his vampire.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is true that you lose a lot of things when you leave for a long time, but it's also true that they come back surprisingly quickly. Be encouraged! Buy an AP German review guide or something and patch yourself up.

Your face is a vampire.

Suzy said...

A think a semester in Germany will brush up your German, and a semester in ... say... Sanford will brush up your Spanish - heck, just going to school in Durham will help you there.
You will find it pops back into your head pretty darned quickly. Learning how to teach it will be the trick, and they teach you that in school!